2021-11-26, 16:30–18:30 (Europe/Athens), Room 2
This Workshop will present the innovative work of the Erasmus+ Project Teaspils (https://www.teaspils.eu/), which explores the utilization of IoT interventions in teaching and learning for Environmental Education courses in Secondary Education.
To Register for the Workshop please complete the form at https://moodlemoot.ellak.gr/engrafi-sto-workshop-teaching-environmental-education-utilizing-smart-internet-of-things-iot-planters-in-learning-spaces/
The Workshop will include presentations and discussions of key aspects of the work being developed, such as:
• An overview of a Moodle-based SPOC Pilot designed to foster environmental awareness in schools
• A remote presentation of the prototype smart IoT planter with various built-in sensors which will automatically collect data in learning spaces
• Views of selected learning analytics and a planned visualisation dashboard to show selected sensor data via mobile/web apps
• Future plans for a Moodle-based MOOC, utilizing a number of gamification elements,r egarding the use of smart IoT planters in learning spaces
• An emerging gamification framework that will utilise digital sensor evidence for pedagogic environmental awareness and its application in the SPOC pilot course.
• Welcome (OUC, Doukas School)
• Teaspils Overview (Bernardo Tabuenca, UPM)
• Smart IoT planters: The SPIKE Prototype (Bernardo Tabuenca, UPM)
• Online Visualization Tools (Ariel Ortiz Beltran, UPF)
• Using Moodle to Design a SPOC and steps towards a MOOC (Veronica Hager, HAUP)
• Towards a Gamification Framework for Environmental Education utilizing Moodle based tools and activities (Stathis Mavrotheris, Christos Rodosthenous, OUC)
• Learning Analytics (Wolfgang Greller, PhWien)
• TEASPILS eCommunity (Thomas Economou, Elpi Margaritti, DOU)
* Using Moodle, blogs, social media, ildeplus, eTwinning in supporting the exchange of ideas and relevant practices
• Upcoming pilot Utilising a Quality Assurance Framework application (Thomas Economou, Elpi Margaritti, DOU)
• Wrap up - Next steps - closing (OUC, DOU)
A TEASPILS Workshop
Τeaching Environmental Education utilizing Smart Internet of Things (IoT) Planters in Learning Spaces
Thomas Economou is currently conducting his studies in the field of Digital Systems with a focus on Technology Education and e-services (collaborative learning environments, knowledge management, educational psychology, etc.) at the University of Piraeus. He has been a member of Doukas School R&D team since early 2014 and has been involved with the Research and Project & Financial Management of more than 30 educational and training related programmes under Erasmus+, LLP, Horizon 2020 as well as several national projects. Since 2020, he also works as a Researcher and Project Manager & Coordinator at, the UK based NGO, SoFIA (School of the Future International Academy), and is involved in EU funded projects.
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Dr. Christos Rodosthenous holds a Ph.D. in Information and Communication Systems, with specialization in Computational Cognition / Artificial Intelligence, from the Open University of Cyprus (OUC). He also holds a B.Sc. in Mathematics with a major in Computational Mathematics and Informatics and an M.Sc. in Computational Mathematics and Informatics in Education with a major in Information Technologies and Communications in Education, both from University of Patras, Greece. His research contributes to key areas of Artificial Intelligence, Commonsense Knowledge Acquisition and reasoning, Natural Language Understanding, Story Understanding, Crowdsourcing, eLearning and new technologies and Trends in distance education.